CBC’s will broadcast over 250 hours of Toronto 2015 Parapan Am Games coverage including wheelchair basketball action as outlined below
- All wheelchair basketball games will be livestreamed on?cbc.ca/parapanam.
- The Opening Ceremonies will be broadcast on Friday, August 7th at 7 pm on TV and by webcast.
- Weekday coverage will consist of an?afternoon broadcast,?Parapan Am Afternoon, from 3 – 5pm as well as?Parapan Am Prime?at 8 p.m.?Parapan Am Latenight?at 11:30 p.m. will be a wrap-style show that will bring viewers the latest in sport and athlete updates from around the Games.
- Additional coverage on the weekends will include two programming blocks on Saturday, Aug. 8 at 4 p.m. ET (1 p.m. PT) and 8 p.m. (9 p.m. AT, 9:30 p.m. NT); another show on Sunday, Aug. 9 at 5 p.m. (6 p.m. AT, 6:30 p.m. NT); two hours on Saturday, Aug. 15 at 11 a.m. ET (8 a.m. PT).
- Closing Ceremonies will be broadcast on August 15th at 10 pm (7 pm EST).
- Broadcast partner Sportsnet will add additional hours of coverage through encore Parapan Am broadcasts and by carrying the Closing Ceremony live on City on Saturday, Aug. 15 at 8 p.m. ET (5 p.m. PT).
- French-language TV coverage on Radio-Canada will include a nightly hour-long broadcast with host?Marc Durand?recapping the best from each day of competition alongside Paralympic swimming champion and world record-holder,?Philippe Gagnon. The Opening and Closing Ceremonies will be available online at?ICI.Radio-Canada.ca.
This year’s event marks the first time the Parapan Am Games will be televised in English and French in Canada. This CBC coverage provides an unprecedented opportunity for Canadians to witness the sheer athleticism and intensity of wheelchair basketball. Tune in and cheer on Canada on its quest to reach the top of the podium!
Click here for a full broadcast schedule: http://www.cbc.ca/mediacentre/cbcradio-canadas-coverage-of-the-toronto-2015-parapan-am-games-begins-friday-aug-7-with-the-opening.html