(Toronto, Ont.) The Ontario Wheelchair Sports Association (OWSA) is proud to announce the 12 athletes selected to represent Team Ontario at the 2015 Canada Winter Games in wheelchair basketball.
The 2015 Canada Winter Games take place February 13th to March 1st 2015 in Prince George, B.C. The wheelchair basketball competition is scheduled to take place during the first week of the Canada Games, from February 16-20, 2015 at Duchess Park Secondary School in Prince George.
The athletes selected to Team Ontario are as follows:
- Daniel Bigu (Kitchener, Ont.)
- Josh Davies (London, Ont.)
- Matthew Debly (Windsor, Ont.)
- Andrea Foessel (Mississauga, Ont.)
- Sam Graham (Beachburg, Ont.)
- Maninder Hothi (Brampton, Ont.)
- Michael Kilonzo (Mississauga, Ont.)
- Aaron McDonald (Hamilton, Ont.)
- Corin Metzger (Elmira, Ont.)
- Emilie Mondor (Ottawa, Ont.)
- Eric Voss (St. Mary’s, Ont.)
- Kevin Wakeling (Pefferlaw, Ont.)
The team will be coached by Michael Broughton and Kathy Ludwig. Linda Beacham is the team manager.
Team Ontario placed second at the last Canada Winter Games in 2011 in Halifax, N.S.
About the Ontario Wheelchair Sports Association
The Ontario Wheelchair Sports Association (OWSA) is dedicated to the development and promotion of athlete centered, amateur wheelchair sport programs. For more information, please visit www.ontwheelchairsports.org.